Automated Teller Machine Safety
- Make a conscious effort to survey the
area immediately adjacent to the ATM machine. Look for suspicious
people or situations. If something does not look right, do not
initiate your transaction. Leave the area and use another machine
or come back at another time.
- Close the entry door of any automated
teller machine facility.
- Limit your time at the machine. Prior
to arriving at the site, have your card out and ready when you
approach the ATM.
- In order to block the view of your transactions,
stand between the machine and those waiting to use it after you.
- Put your cash in your wallet or purse, check to see that you
have your card and receipt and leave the ATM immediately. Carefully
watch for anyone approaching you or starting to follow you.
keep your PIN a secret. Never give the number to anyone or write
it down anywhere.
- Notify us immediately if your card or PIN
is lost or stolen. (Click here
for our Visa Hotline information if your Visa Card has been lost or stolen.)
- Never let anyone use your card or PIN.
Never give information about your account, your card or your
PIN to strangers or to people who call you on the telephone.
- Direct complaints concerning automated teller machine security to Capital Bank of New Jersey (856) 690-1234 or the New Jersey Department of Banking at (609) 292-7272.
Call 856.690.1234 for our current business and personal banking rates.